4 Minute read
How you can grow your Instagram with hashtags? - Flick Review
Mar 2, 2021
Instagram hashtags are immensely important for reaching a wide range of audiences on social media, and hashtags like #logo, #graphicdesign, #branding, etc. (hashtags we mostly use) are a great way to reach people with similar interests who aren't your followers, yet. So, choosing between hashtags is highly important in order to grow.
The quickest and cheapest way to get decent hashtags for your post (Not recommended as a long-term strategy) is to copy hashtags from other highly engaged users in your niche, and use the same hashtags in your posts.
But, that method will only get you so far, due to the rapid changes on all social media platforms. Besides, you always want to be changing and testing different approaches to make sure you're doing it the right way and taking full advantage of hashtags.
So, to solve this issue and take full advantage of hashtags we researched the best ways to get engaging hashtags and came across Flick.
Jump to a section:
What is Flick?
Flick is a hashtag generator that helps you find, manage, and analyze Instagram hashtags and maximize your reach potential.
The ability to find the best hashtags in your niche allows you to reach more of your ideal target audience and be where they search.
With Flick, you can uncover which hashtags perform the best, see where your post ranks on the hashtag feed, and receive detailed insights into your hashtag performance.
Flick always keeps updating and coming up with more and more great features for their users, and at the end of this segment, we'll be sharing their new upcoming feature, so make sure to stick to the end for that.
Access your hashtag collection on the go and keep up to date with key growth metrics.
How to use: Requires a linked Instagram account, visit the app store, log in, and your collections will sync automatically.
- Follower growth analytics (see your change in followers daily, how many have been gained and lost
- Copy hashtags in a single tap
- Copy hashtags from different collections
Centralized location for all your hashtags - Build a library of options for your posts, test different variations, and re-use top-performing groups.
How to use: Find hashtags using search and add them to a collection, or import existing hashtag lists.
- Hashtags will automatically sync with the 'Hashtag Assistant' app which is free with your Flick subscription.
- Personalize your collections with emojis and names
- See how key hashtag data changes over time
Reliable and actionable data behind every hashtag
- Average Likes / Comments: The average number of likes/comments received on content that has ranked in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag.
- Competition Score: The estimated level of difficulty to rank in the 'top posts' feed of the hashtag. This score compares the hashtag’s difficulty to all other hashtags in our database, as well as the success Flick users have had using hashtags with similar features.
- Potential Reach: The estimated audience size you’re likely to reach if you were to rank highly on the hashtag. This score compares the hashtag’s potential audience size to all other hashtags in our database, as well as the experience Flick users have had using hashtags with similar features.
- DAPC (Daily Average Post Count): The average number of posts made into a hashtag on a daily basis.
- Posts Made: The total number of posts made in a hashtag.
- Times ranked: The number of times your posts were seen in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag.
- Avg. Best Rank: The average position your posts are seen in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag, based on the data we have.
- Efficiency Score (BETA): The overall value of this hashtag, relative to the hashtags you’ve used – takes into consideration the hashtag’s size, where you rank on it, and the frequency that you rank on it. This score becomes more accurate the more you use a hashtag.
Quickly find high-quality hashtags for your Instagram posts.
How to use: Enter a keyword or hashtag and Flick will provide you with 40 suggestions that are either:
- Related: Hashtags that are frequently used together in content that is 'ranking' (proven to have worked for people before) based on your search.
- Similar: Gives you hashtags that are textually similar to your search.
Flick will notify you if a hashtag is banned or flagged.
- Advanced search filters (filter hashtags based on your strategy)
- Suggested filters (automatically creates filters based on your linked IG account)
- Expand hashtags (click to search a hashtag in the graph or table)
- Copy hashtags to the clipboard, or add them to a hashtag collection for later
- Hashtag Metrics
Instagram Performance Reports
Key insights are sent straight to your inbox every week.
How to use: Link your Instagram account, visit app.flick.tech/reports, and sign up. You will receive Instagram reports every Monday (also available within the app).
- Sharable link
- Report covers: Reach, Impressions, change in followers, profile views, website clicks & daily breakdowns.
Upcoming Feature: Hashtag Tracking (Not released, in alpha testing)
See what hashtags you're ranked on, for each post you've made.
If you'd like to test this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use Flick
Here is a video explaining how you can use Flick to grow your Instagram account with hashtags.
It will give you a full walkthrough of all Flick's features and tools.
Honest Review of Flick:
The power of hashtags is often underestimated and not many people take full advantage of this amazing feature that can boost your engagement on Instagram dramatically.
Also, Flick offers a Free trial, so there is no need for commitment or even paying a penny.